Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

US revolver shooting team

JohnRodriguez

Its a question of balance, between making it an all or nothing run at one or two matches (Nationals or other) or making it an endurance contest. Adding in Area matches is fine, but what happens when we have a cast of characters who all qualify for the team, yet they haven't met in head-to-head competition in matches? Seven shooters with identical points totals, vying for three slots? A "best three out of four" just increases the chances of multiple ties.

The more we spread it, the more work we have to do, to sort out the shooters who are going. Why two Area matches? Why not three, four or all? <devil's advocate mode definitely ON>

I figured the Nationals are best for two reasons: We're all there, and Jerry is there. No need to try and compare Area 6 results to Area 7 results. No need to try and adjust to "what it would have been if Jerry had been there." No arguing this Area was a tougher match (due to weather, course design, etc.) than that Area.

We all show up, get our butts kicked by Jerry on the same days and on the same courses, and sort out the rankings as a result.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick, Cliff, Mike, Dan, Keith and all else semi interested in World shoot 15

Here's my thinking.....

What if like this year, not everyone that wanted to go to Nationals doesn't get a slot?

SO....

Have 2 matches.... One the Nationals and the other an Area match(and Get JERRY there) and Have at it !!!

Make it known way before hand that that is how it is going to be done...PERIOD and all who are interested need to take heed.

That keeps the "7 with the same points" problem in check and if some how a Nationals slot is missed one year they can still get in 3 of the 4 and still have a chance.

If USPSA decides to "HELP" us poor revolver shooters out then we will need to do it their way.....UNTIL THEN.....PISS on them !!!!!!! That is what they are doing to us !!!!! (if not more)

HOPALONG/SAM KEEN

• 2 weeks later...

WE need to get this settled before we start the new year shooting !!!!!

A new year that will go towards the choosing of members for said team !!!!!

HOP

I may or may not try to go to Bali.......but will make sure I shoot the correct matches in case I do decide to go to Bali.

Edited by hopalong