Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NC long time lurker

lockmup68

long time lurker, mostly for the Dillon info. Finally ironed out the 1050 primer feed issues with help from the forum. Working like butter now and fell back in love with it.

Got into the shooting sports a couple of years ago. Started with IDPA, now shoot various IDPA, rimfire, ZSA, and a couple of USPSA matches. I'm not a gamer and just shoot for fun. Shoot a basically stock G21 with TFO night sights. Mostly shoot for practice.

Good thing is my wife and two daughters shoot with me also, mostly the youngest, daughters started on gas blowback G23 knockoffs and moved to 22 conversions on glock frames. Just picked up a Spartan 9mm CRP from Dawson for the girls, Posey Pink CZ grips of course.

Love shooting 3 gun in the ZSA (ZombieShootersAssociation.com) that started here in NC. So much fun. Girls shoot 15-22, 410 pump mossey, and 22 pistol. 15-22 is pink camo of course. Buddy made some pink kydex holsters and mag pouches as well (silverstateholsters.com). Love my girls.

Anyway, thinking about doing more 3 gun, getting the 1911 bug too. Just have fun reloading and shooting. Glad to have found this site a few years ago when I got my first setup from Brian.

In all the matches, the folks are great in working with my girls, letting them shoot the gas blowback bb pistols to start and then moving on to 22. I love showing up to a match with 80 guys and my little 11 year old with all pink gear. They love it and I love it.

Thanks,

Shannon

Shannon,

Thanks for giving yourself and your family visibility along with the great shootin here in NC on this forum. Hope to see you at a ZSA match.

It's true there can be 80 to 90 shooters at a club match. A good percentage are new shooters. It's a great community and I don't have to say it's a family atmosphere because Shannon did that. I personally enjoy going out of my way to welcome new shooters and any questions they may have.

For those of you out there Zombie Shooting Association runs matches that are a real test of shooting skill. There's a lot of sketchy and trendy Zombie type stuff out there so I want to make that clear. In these times credibility and being a rational person is tantamount to the health of our sport.

Anyway, if you in NC and are interested just show up to a match and we'll make sure you'll know how to get started.

Thanks again Shannon. I'm sure that 1050 is getting a workout with your family.

DNH

Parsons,

I'm in the Raleigh area. I haven't shot outside of a 1 hour drive of my house. I'm sure you have the same opportunities.

"Everything" is eye and ear protection, pistol, mags, holster, mag pouches belt and store bought ammo. The ammo is the hard thing to get now but you probably have everything. If not don't buy anything more yet...

I'd advise to find out the closest game USPSA or IDPA and visit a club match. Just visit without your gun. You'll quickly learn what to buy or not buy. You'll also become familiar with the way the match is run. They're all slightly different because of different range conditions, game, shooters etc. You'll also know the way to the range, I still have a hard time and miss the turn off to my regular range.

You'll be surprised how little preparation is required. Just be safe and everyone will help get you through the match.

DNH

Edited by daves_not_here

I was actually going to drive over to raleigh a couple weeks ago when we had the bad ice storm and watch a couple people I am in school with shoot but my buddy couldn't find his gear for IDPA since he usually shoots USPSA. Is there ever matches on sundays?

For central NC, there is probably a match most every weekend within an 1-1.5 hour drive. I'm in southern Wake County. A good place to look is the calendar on triangletactical.net. JohnZ keeps a bunch of matches listed on the ZSA calendar as well. zombieshootersassociation.com.

Every match we've been too has been fun to shoot and everyone accommodates new shooters and their comfort level, offers advice, and even modifies stages so the shooter is comfortable. We have a great time.

Just for example for this week, there is a ZSA ZAP match Tuesday night at Range37 in Bunn Level, (range37.com), yesterday was IDPA up at the Range in Oxford, Saturday is Tarheel 3-gun at the Range in Oxford (tarheel3gun.com), 2nd Sat IDPA at H20 Fowl Farms in Coats, NC, Coharie Shooters League has 1st and 3rd Sat (csl-idpa.com). Plus Tues night IDPA at DCWC in Durham, plus IDPA at Caswell Ranch a couple of times a month, plus rimfire matches. etc.

Enjoy.

Wow thanks for all the info. Start my new job Wednesday and will be required to work all saturdays for the first few months at least I am sure. I would love to find some sunday shoots. I will check out the sites you mentioned and see what all there is.

There's a match at the range every Sunday, http://www.the-range.com/, click on calendar. I tend to focus on the Saturday matches, apologies for that.

ZAP match tonight at range37 in Bunn Level, NC. I should be heading over. zombieshootersassociation.com.

Wow thanks for all the info. Start my new job Wednesday and will be required to work all saturdays for the first few months at least I am sure. I would love to find some sunday shoots. I will check out the sites you mentioned and see what all there is.