Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Holster

cybrosh

The black holster is still aluminum, just anodized black. Notice that at www.limcat.com the photo still shows the clear-anodized one. Shootersconnection.com shows the black ones. My guess is that most of the Limcat holsters currently available for new purchase are black.

BTW :

Anyone knows whether the Limcat holster can accomodate the SPS line of pistols?

SPS won't fit into Arredondo, but would fit CrSpeed - To anyone who isn't aware, SPS is almost identical to STI/SVI(2011 if you will), however, the trigger guard is a bit thicker, so you have to trim.

I'm going for the new Guga/SSI holster, but I wouldn't mind adding the Limcat stealth holster as well. I just want to know if it fits.

Don't know, though I did order a SPS grip this weekend... good to know that it might require some modification. I'd think that some work on the trigger guard with a file and sand paper would make it fit easily. My guess, however, is that it won't fit without some work if it's too thick for some other holsters. BTW, Ralph Arredondo runs an SPS grip in his holster, shoot him an email and see what he says.

Well :)

Actually, Ralph was the one who told me that I needed to trim my SPS grip if I wanted to use his holster. He said a small knife would do and offered some images.

Angus from Ghost, also told me that the ghost holster needs some modification for the SPS trigger guard, but, even though I haven't asked yet, SPS are selling the ghost holsters on their website - http://www.sps-dc.com/catalog , so I would assume they are selling them in the appropriate condition. I could ask.

Cr-Speed fits perfectly.

Gorilla,

What kind of mag pouches do you use? and also, what mags? I believe SPS mags should fit STI/SV(They say so).

I'm interested in the Limcat 360 mag pouches, and I don't know if my mags would fit. Many sites/manufacturors and even SPS states that their mags should work with STI/SV - but who knows?

I use the CR Speed mag pouches and belt (the belt is the best one available, IMO). I don't run any mags right on the front (it's an odd feeling for me to grab one from the front... between my gut, arms, and chest I'm just not built so that's comfortable and fast). The front edge of my first mag pouch is right at the front edge of the left pocket of a pair of jeans.

I've got a couple of SPS mags on the way along with the grip and I'll check them in the CR pouches as well as my buddy's Limcat pouches when the stuff gets here. I run STI mags and have also put the Glock inserts in and run Glock mags.

I have their belt too, better than Safariland...

Cr-Speed and SPS are compatible(holster and pouches), a lot of guys here use SPS and Bul mostly with Rescomp and it fits like a glove(with inserts :) ) Before seeing it with my own eyes, Rescomp(Frank)told me more than once it fits.

If your buddy is using the Limcat holster, try your new grip on it as well - so I can finally know if it fits - no one seems to know...

*Did you order their new high capacity mag springs? really cool.

Damn that was fast. They arrived while I was at the match today. Five days from Spain to the US... I can't get things across this country that fast without paying an arm and a leg for shipping.

The SPS grip fits my Limcat holster without issue... no problems with the width whatsoever. It might be slightly tighter than the two STI grips I have here, but hardly noticeable.

The thing that is noticeable is that the grip will require some modification in order for the STI frame to fit into it... the holes don't quite line up. But that's for another thread.

I think you'll be good with the SPS grip and Limcat holster. I'll put the mags in my bag and see if they fit the Limcat mag holders (they aren't really pouches) in the next week or two.

The sps mags will work in the s*i

Is that a question?

Yes, it does seem that they will work, though I'm going to take a file to the mag catch notch and open it up as the mag catch doesn't go all the way into the mag and protrudes from the grip frame on the wrong side a bit.

Excellent! I can add another holster to the compatability list, and my equpiment :)

Thanks Gorilla :)

Never used the Limcat 360 mag holders, they seem to be better the the regular mag pouches.

Did you receive your shipment via certified post or DHL?