Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safety features question

Patrick1981

I'm not interested in doing this work, believe me, but for absurd, if it were removed this small tooth safety that prevents the hammer contact the firing pin when trigger is not pressed .. the gun shoot the same?

I make this question beacuse in one of my 625 friend I notice this little tooth on the rebound slide, (MIM part I think)

there's like a mold defect that created as a bubble..and feel gritty.

I can stone and after polish this portion lightly and remove quietly 0,004 "- 0,008 " about of material and not affect the safety and gun function?

Thanks

post-27397-0-95758700-1354832643_thumb.j

Edited by Patrick1981

The DA sear seems long enough to me that the trigger nose may have trouble re-setting behind the sear if material is removed from the top of the rebound slide. I have thought that recontouring the leading edge of the "tooth" to a gentler slope might make the return a little smoother, though. Carmoney & Toolguy might have thoughts on that.

Tom

The part of the rebound slide that the arrow points to is absolutely essential to rebound or reset the hammer for the next shot. It is also a must have safety feature as Carmoney said. If you notice on a stock gun the rebound slide will hesitate going forward as it meets the bottom of the hammer and makes the trigger return kind of a 2 stage movement. If you radius the corners of the hammer and rebound slide and polish the flat surfaces of both, the rebound slide will go forward in one smooth movement and you can use a lighter rebound spring to run it. This in turn makes the trigger pull lighter.

Edited by Toolguy