Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Critique my Open Glock Idea

Craig N

I built one off a g35 using the Jager kit. Had taylor 170, DAA set up etc. I spend around $1700 just for the gun once done and sold it for $900 after I shot an STI. I probably could have done better spliting it up, I just didn't have the time. I had trigger, springs, lightened stricker and just about every other thing else you can do to a glock open.

I had a lot of fun putting it together and the dot was cool, but after I shot an STI, it was just disappointing. I had added the super heavy mag well from Dawson (has a brass plug) and that really seemed to help the felt recoil,but it wasn't enough. I didn't have any ejection issues, didn't have to mess with the port and it tracked up and down all day. The compensator was worthless as I shot it with and without and couldn't tell a difference. I was going to get the 11 port but decided to just move on.

I got more hung up on the build than actually shooting it... I am weird that way though.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

im running a g17

milled slide 25% lighter

zev ultimate trigger kit

zev titanium striker

zev titanium ejector

zev titanium saftey plunger

apex tactical extractor kit with 20% stronger spring

glockstore extended mag release

sure touch extended slide catch/release

dawson ice magwell

carver competition sight rail system with ali cmore

tungsten guide rod

kkm precision gunsmith fit barrel

sjc 11 port comp

and a few more mods and parts I have probably forgotten.

I like the setup and can compete with anyone in open. I built it myself and did all the machine work as well

so I had a lot of fun and I know my gun better than anyone else

now from a shooting point of view

I had to do alot of expermentation with reloading to get to a load that ran the comp and that shot flat. ended up using 3N37

it took about 2 months of testing. now I can get double taps in the alpha consistently in 0.12 sec so im happy

the comp is huge so you will need a beefy load so work your way up from a load you know and be safe.

there fun and reliable and dont let the 2011 boys and girls give you any grief my race gun cost me under $2k