Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well my faithful Dodge truck is giving me some problems. It did a great job just a few weeks ago pulling my 32ft 5thwheel a thousand miles with a nice purr.

like a light switch going the motor cut and I got Injector short codes on my Edge tuner. = the truck went to rough powered cut.

any way I had it towed home and I am not willing to take it to the dealer to "learn' on.

I read on the Cummings Forums that rebuilt injectors all 'Never' long lasting.

Any one have good feedback on rebuilt injectors for a Cummings ?

I think my problem is a short in the harness , just have not traced it down in the light yet.

$2,000 for parts is not my idea of a fun way to spend cash.

With what you have said I will assume you have a common rail ISB Cummins. I have seen this concern many times on this application. More often then not you'll find a bad injector solenoid causing the problem. On the common rail ISB if a solenoid craps out the ecm will shut that injector bank down to protect its self. Injectors 1-3 on a bank and injectors 4-6 on a bank. Ohm the injector solenoids under the valve cover, they are to be 1 ohm or less, usually .7 to .9 ohms is what you'll find on a good injector solenoid. As far as injectors go, I will only use Bosch, new or reman. I have worked on a lot of these trucks and have always had good luck with Bosch. If you do your part to protect them they will last. Good luck!Hope this info helps.

its running great now, just got finished with the repair - a new rebuilt Bosch by M&D $350.00 dang the budget.

after I got all the injectors wired back up again all six tested out at 0.7-0.6 ohms

I think possibly the motor is just a bit quieter too.