Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Echo 1 G17?

Honeybooboo

I came across this looking for a Glock gas blowback. I guess Glocks are hard to get now. This isn't technically a G17 but it has a G17 slide on a Lonewolf frame. It seems to be well liked by the owner of the shop, but he's trying to sell it of course. I'm new to airsoft but I know the big companies and I haven't heard of Echo 1 before. Apparently the frame has been modified to resemble a 1911 grip. Not really a fan of that because I want a Glock grip but I don't think there are many Glock options in the U.S. anymore. So, any thoughts?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_25_151&products_id=9925

Try e-hobbyasia and browse their custom shop. They sometimes show a Tokyo Marui G-17 in various configurations...a little pricey compared to the Echo 1 but after you

get the gun, a lot of the parts are interchangeable with the Echo 1 like the piston head seal, magazines and magazine parts. If you wear out your TM G-17 you can get some more life out of it by swapping parts from the Echo 1. I have worn out or broken several TM G-17's and have a bone yard of parts that I use to keep a gun running....the things that wear out are the piston head seal and magazine discharge valves along with eventual breakage of internal parts in the trigger assy that I don't know how to fix. A shock buff reduces the internal damage or at least postpones it. Also I am currently running my guns on compressed air instead of gas and that makes them function better and last longer. Hope that helps !