Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

H335 and 308? With lighter bullets?

Tattoo

I've never had impressive accuracy from any FMJ bullet in .308. Admittedly I've never used name brand FMJs, but if you're really looking for MOA accuracy, you'll need a HPBT style bullet.

I do use WC-844 in .223, and I don't know of any reason why you couldn't use it in .308. I use stick powder only in .308 so unfortunately I don't have any data for you, other than to say that if you choose to save your 844 for your .223 loads, I have plenty of Varget data for you.

2 Down,

Thanks, I agree. I use Varget and 168's for longer range. I am just looking for a descent amount of accuracy ( not MOA ) for 3 gun in my face kind of ammo. I think I can reload it w/ cheap surplus 844 and pulled ball rounds for less than the crazy prices of surplus 308 ammo these days.......

T

Edited by Tattoo

I've never had impressive accuracy from any FMJ bullet in .308. if you're really looking for MOA accuracy, you'll need a HPBT style bullet.

That's a pretty bold statement! Every rifle is different. My DPMS LR308 shoots MOA easily with pulled M80 147 gr. FMJBT bullets and 45.0 grs. of Varget!