Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ultimate Gamer Gun

Steve Moneypenny

The low profile base pads are OK. The edges needed a little attention when they come from the factory but it only takes a minute to put a bevel on all the needed edges. You have to get the sandpaper out for the followers so I just gave the basepads a little TLC at the same time.

In a perfect world I would have a bit more basepad for seating just to be on the safe side. There is more room in the box if you wanted to trim on the magwell and put a little bit bigger basepads, you could get a bit more access. However with the current setup it is difficult to over-insert the magazines which I've had cause trouble on my single stacks.

You can strip the magazine for a malfunction but you have to get your fingers on the front and back of the mag, not on the sides (a pinching movement). This takes some getting used to but is not that big of a deal. If the magazine was really stuck it would be more difficult to get out than a gun without a magwell, but I think the magwell is worth it in the long run. I haven't had one stick yet so hopefully it is not much of an issue.

Vincent, thanks for the reply. I'm thinking of building just what you have in .40 w/ a bushing barrel for ESP, L10 and maybe Limited once this silly ban expires.

-Luther

Edited because I finially realized Vincent addressed my questions in an earlier post.

full auto glock.. hate to sound like i know what i'm doing with full auto's but have you ever shot one? definitley not an IDPA gamers gun.

why "after the ban" does anyone else thing STI mags will become cheaper, i mean a 1500$ gun mags will still be like $80. Thought i am VERY happy many shooters are no longer felons because of making mags :D

• 2 weeks later...

I firmly agree on the fat body gun being much easier to reload. The trade off is the tac loads can get clumsy at times.

My ESP gun is a Para P18-9mm.

S&A Magwell slightly thinned in width so the box closes

Ed Brown beavertail, ambi, hammer, sear

Guncraft mag catch and trigger

EGW extractor

Wolf springs

Dawson .090 front fiber optic

The stock grips have been sprayed with Brownells spray grit for a bit more traction.

The rear sight, barrel, and few remaining parts are stock, as are the Para 18 rd mags.

Shoots the cheap yellow box UMC 115 gr stuff into a ragged hole.

Seriously considering a somewhat matching P18-LDA for Production/SSP classes.