Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TN section

hopalong

To Put it simple, John (Jack) Jawor did not make any mistakes and the rest of us did.......

Ok, I don't have any numbers but there were 4 revolver shooters at the TN section match this weekend, John Jawor, BE.coms Aierdale, Cliff Walsh and myself.

Saturday I awoke to Thunder and for the most of the day we shot in the rain or drizzle. Cliff Walsh shot in a squad by himself, as did I and Aierdale and John squadded together (ganged up on Cliff and I).

The match was a good combination of stand and shoots for speed, medium sized field courses, and a long field course that was eventually tossed for dangerous footing.....

The Long Range Standards were used as the Match Classifier and Aierdale, Cliff, and I all spotted John 120 match points on the stage as we could not hit a bear in the A$$ with a base fiddle on it, To cliffs rescue his gun went out of time and he used mine to finish up and this stage was one of them he shot it in.

there were 2, 12 round 60 point comstock stages that could be absolutely smoked if you paied attention to what you were doing and not try too hard, (these stages I LOVE) BUT someone I know tried a little too hard and ended up leaving a peice of steel on each instead of taking the extra time to reload and get the last one.

John on the otherhand played it safe throughout the match and just out consistanted us CONGRATS JACK !!!!!!

I did not get to see cliff shoot any stages but the Long Range standards and we already know about that.... :(

I did get to see Jack and Aierdale shoot one stage and they both did a good job on them, Aierdale is listed as a D class Revolver shooter but if he shoots like he did on that stage he won't be there long.

One thing I can tell is .... Don't spot your competition 120 match points and expect (or Hope) to catch up. <_<

Cliff, Sorry about your gun, :angry: hope you get it straightend out before Nationals

Aierdale, Good to meet you and good shooting (D class My A$$) :P Nice meeting your Better Half, get her shooting the 646 soon !!!!!

Jack, Way to go man you put up a good match from start to stop and we just couldn't hang with you. ;)

Good LUCK at A-5 and I will see ya'll at Nationals.

HOPALONG

The Tn Underwater Sectionals were great fun. I enjoyed meeting Hopalong and Cliff and picking their brains for tips and tricks. I've shot w/ the Jawor all season and he's mentored me well.

The long range classifier in the rain was fun. I thought the soaked croch from the prone portion added just the right touch to it.

The long stages were great for reloading practice. I had a total brain fart at the Texas star-but on the bright side, I got to shoot at it longer than anyone else! :D

Mrs. Airedale is now ready to transition from Sporting Clays to IPSC, thanks, in part, to discussions w/ Jack, Sam, & Cliff. It looks like their will be Team Airedale next year in revo division.

Great fun-Sam if you had seen some of my other stages, you'd wonder how I made it UP to D class!

Area 5 this weekend- wx forecast is not promising.

Dave

Edited by Airedale