Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

travelling near Milwaukee, WI

I am going to be traveling up to a town near Milwaukee, WI in the beginning of December. Yeah, not my first choice of a place to visit in the winter, but so it is. Can anyone recommend any good places to shoot while I am there?

Are there any other attractions I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks

Adam

You looking for match to shoot or just a range to shoot at. Not really by Milwaukee about 1 1/2 west of Milwaukee Winnequah Gun Club has a monthly indoor match the third Sat of every month that would be Dec. 15

Sorry guys, I was trying to get the correct name of the town from my sister. The name is Waukesha, WI. I am not really looking for any matches as I will be flying out of a NYC airport and dont wan the potential hassle of traveling with any guns. Really just looking to see a new facility or something.

Adam

Fletcher Arms in Waukesha usually has a decent selection of guns to rent and shoot.

There is a huge Gander Mountain in Brookfield which is right next to Waukesha though Gander is generally overpriced.

My favorite place is Cabela's in Richfield...probably 30-40 minutes depending on where in Waukesha you are located.

Midwest Industries in also in Waukesha. Bravo Company is about 10 minutes away but I've never heard of tours.

Harley Museum or Lakefront Brewery are 2 of my non gun favorite places.

• 2 weeks later...

Midwest Industries has a new shop just on the western edge of Waukesha. No range but stuff to look at or buy.

I have not been to indoor ranges by Waukesha. There is a smaller (6 bays, I think) range to the West in Deerfield, Deerfield Pistol and Archery at www.deerfieldpistol.com. I like the place because it is so close to me.

The Gander Mountain just Northeast of Madison has a big new indoor range with simulators. I have not shot there but read it is fun/neat/geewhiz.

The WI hometown forum on ar15.com has a number of members who live in Waukesha or the immediate area and know what is there. There are several threads by visitors with this same question.