Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon RMR for XDM9?

silverphoenix

Would a Trijicon RMR significantly help my shooting with the XDM9? I'm having a lot of problems and can't afford to keep wasting ammo like this...

Do they work well with the XDM? Do I really need to mill out the slide? Where can I find an RMR for a decent price? (under $500)

Edited by silverphoenix

Yes you need to mill the slide for it.

Hilton Yam (10-8 performance) has been testing out RMR's on one of his M&P's and it doesn't look good. He's had 3 fail in under 3000rds. There are other trainers that use/try them and have also had issues at lower round counts.

Rather fixing the hardware, fix the software (shooter) first.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Quack

Ouch--I definitely wouldn't want to hurt the reliability of my pistol. I'm not for sure if it's the pistol or me--I shoot great with a beretta 92fs, but awful with the XDM9. I've let a couple other people use my XDM9 and they also shot horrible with it when they shot fine before with other guns.

Is it possible for the sights to be off from the factory?

1351528999[/url]' post='1805955']

Ouch--I definitely wouldn't want to hurt the reliability of my pistol. I'm not for sure if it's the pistol or me--I shoot great with a beretta 92fs, but awful with the XDM9. I've let a couple other people use my XDM9 and they also shot horrible with it when they shot fine before with other guns.

Yes, it is very possible for the sights to be off from the factory or it's possible the ammo you are shooting is not like the ammo the gun was zeroed with, ex. the gun was zeroed with 115 gr bullets are your are using 124 gr bullets. Are the rounds hitting consistantly low, high, left, right or all over the place?

Were the shots grouping well, just off from the POA? Have you shot it from a rest? Could be the sights,

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Just one point regarding to mill the slide. They make an adapter plate that fits into the existing dovetail. The part number for the XDM is RM48 on their website. I have a friend that has been shooting one on Glock for over a year with no problem. I hope that helps