Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCF raceframes

gregshin

They had quite a few problems with them. One was it was a stock barrel only gun as aftermarket barrels would cause problems. If they were made as a direct glock replacement that could accept the magwells etc they might have had promise in the limited and especially open gun range as they did add alot of weight.

I have one, in stainless steel. I took the time to figure out most of its problems and find workable, usually less-than-ideal solutions and enjoy shooting mine on occasion. There are quite a few threads, search "CCF glock", "CCF raceframe", "CCF G35" etc.

Overall I have a short list of positive impressions of the frame, a longer list of negative impressions, and no comment on the company's ownership & business model. Their approach to doing things didn't work out for them, it would seem.

I have one through which I've fired about 1000 rounds.

I liked the increased weight (steel version) - significantly mitigated recoil, all other things being equal.

However, the advertised "instant trigger job" due to metallic frame internal structures was simply not the case. In fact, I felt my trigger was worse [gritty]. This did appear to improve with time and rounds.

Also, grip ergonomics, as you know, are a major factor in perceived recoil. I appreciated the ability to change backstraps and used the "1911/flat" backstrap primarily. However, the lack of real, available magazine wells reduced much of the gain in recoil management. Charles Vanek was able to glue SJC magazine wells to his CCf raceframes, but I wanted a simpler mounting option.

Also, the longer frame rails advertised for increased accuracy are also unnecessary, in my opinion. I noticed no increase in measurable accuracy; any gain would be offset by the need for increased lubrication.

I've enjoyed my CCF raceframe (shooting and building), but am ready to move back to the factory plastic frame simply for its added simplicity and available, effective magazine wells.

Anyone interested in purchasing my raceframe should PM me - I would be happy to send you photographs.

• 2 months later...

Don't just take my 2 cents, ask some gunsmiths too, but to me it looks like putting in an original Glock locking block would prevent damage to most of the aftermarket barrels. Trouble is, a Gen 3 block doesn't fit, has to be cut down a lot. Looks like a block for the early 2-pin Glocks would drop right in, trouble is you need to drill another hole to get the 2nd pin in there (3rd pin overall including the pin for the ejector housing). Seems like you could use your frame to mark the Gen-1 block then remove it, put it in a drill press, and make the 2nd pin-hole set.

As mentioned in another thread my CCF has a new owner who ran Minor with an 11-pound spring which did not do the job of a recoil spring. With any striker-fired gun, if the slide unlocks early, bad things often happen.