Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited gun locked up solid

Don't feel bad you are not the only person to shear a bottom lug off. :wacko:

It can happen to even the best barrels that are fitted properly, unless the lugs are NDI inspected there is no way to know if you have any inclusions or sulpher stringers.

It was a Schuemann AET barrel. To further update, Brandon called, and the new barrel is fitted. They also discovered that the bomar elevation screw was broken and are replacing it as well. The gun should be back to me Friday, and at the latest early next week. That is what I call service.

As for the glocks breaking, the follwing happend: G22-#1 breech face cracked and fell out of gun, exposing striker channel, then upon return from glock for repair of slide, the frame cracked length wise along dust cover from muzzle to rear of serial number plate, frame replaced and gun sold. G-23 frame cracked along dustcover along serial number plate back past front frame rail. Gun repaired by glock. G22-#2 both rear frame rails and one front rail broke and disappeared. Was in the recall, glock replaced, but lost it in house before returning it 3 months after it was shipped to them. All of this happened with about 6-10k rounds through the guns. Mostly factory ammo ~75+%.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my gun back from SV yesterday, and I must say that I am impressed. The barrel was replaced, a new hammer fitted, I mentioned cracking the original earlier, a Bomar to fix the one that they found broiken, a new ambi, and the gun was reblued and the magwell sandblasted. I am very pleased with both the quality and speed of the service I received from SV. I can and will recommend their products wholeheartedly. I will be wrinting them a letter stating how pleased I was with their work, and Brandon for his answering of my questions.