Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help in picking open shotgun for 3 gun

Rye

I will answer a few MKA questions here.

Lets start with recoil, In the Saiga the gas system is shortened, this allows porting closer to the chamber.

Being able to dump so much energy early in the cycle when pressure is still quite high, results in the low felt recoil.

Its not an issue of the comp being better, you can take them off and still have about the same recoil.

The MKA design does not allow a shortened gas system, and it has a long pressure dwell time to cycle correctly.

This and other issues prevent ports or comps from being placed very far back on the barrel, so they are less effective.

The biggest issue I see with the Saiga is maintainability, NO major components are available!

I know several people who have broken bolt carriers, and have had to buy a new gun just for parts.

I also know a number of people that have run various Saigas for many years with HIGH round counts that have had to repeatedly replace battered and worn out guns.

With a cost north of $3000.00, no replacement parts and a rather short life span, I was unwilling to continue manufacturing them.

The MKA has is own list of shortcomings, but parts availability is not among them.

And most of the top issues in the MKA have been addressed or are being addressed.

You have to keep in mind the Saiga has been here for well over 20 years, I have been building MKAs for one year.

In the next year many new things are going to happen with the MKA, that will eclipse what has come before.

Please don't get the wrong idea about what I am saying here, both guns are highly capable, and well suited to competition.

Its just a simple evaluation, In my opinion the Saiga has come about as far as it can, and the MKA has a bright future in respect to where it is now.

Time will tell...I am just getting started

Jim

R&R Has a complete Bolt carrier for sale.

http://randrtargets.com/site/products-page/saiga-parts/rr-bolt-carrier-us-made/

I would not say the Saiga is done with its development yet. I do wish you luck with the AKDAL. I think it has potential but something needs to be done about the recoil and low cap mags. The cost is good and the fact it feels more like an AR is a plus.

Pat

In the next year many new things are going to happen with the MKA, that will eclipse what has come before.

Time will tell...I am just getting started

Jim

So I should sell my MKA now and get a new one for next season? :)

• 1 month later...