Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's been a few months... here's another match vid to critique

mahamoti

It's been a few months since I had video to post here for critique, so, here goes: TPS in Amite, LA, September 23 2012 match.

3rd Production C. 11/14 Production (54.297%), 37/45 Overall (46.6914%).

Shot 94.95% of the points before penalties, and 88.89% with penalties. Obviously, the penalties killed me this week. The 35pt swing would have moved me up two places in Production. They came from a high target shot through a low port... I just dropped the ball on that one.

Even with the misses on the classifier, it should come in around 48% for ranking, which is where I currently sit. Just a few months ago, I would have been ecstatic about that... now I know I can do better.

Plenty of misses on the steel still, so that's something to work on. I didn't even realize until I watched the video myself what I was doing on some reloads... dragging it out over my entire movement to the next position.

Edited by mahamoti

• 3 months later...

I'm surprised nobody replied to you post - I hate it when that happens. Speaking with the great experience of a D class shooter, it looks like some of the reloads are a little low - thought the gun was better off in front of the face - that's just me.

However, you did hurt yourself by engaging the Texas Star - shooting the plate next to it - then going back to the star - thus enabling the star to start moving faster. On the star, you did well to start on the top left, but you needed to continue shooting the next one as it fed up into your line of fire. Always start with the top plate and proceed to shoot the plates as they "feed" up into the muzzle of the gun. That keeps the speed of the plates down.

Also, it may have cost a little time by engaging all the paper targets and coming back to the steel.

• 1 month later...

Everything just looked backwards! Try putting the gun in your right hand so it will look better! :)

For the one that you went up range and then had to back track, if you have to set up in one specific point that long and adjust to aim at the targets it is just faster to go to the port anyway. Same stage, why did you go all the way down just to back up again? It would have been better to just engage the left side port, then the right and the other right and then go downrange. Unless something in the back activates something up range it is not worth it and just eats up time.