Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Tactical/competition rifle

Doc Neeley

I've been looking at the STI Tactical/competition rifle for 3 gun and wondered if anyone was using one and what they thought of it. I'd probably pair it with a Burris MTAC. I have a custom rifle Mean Green made for me but it's set up for long range and I hate to change something that's working for me so well. Thanks for the input folks.

• 2 months later...

I just took the plunge and ordered this rifle from grabagun. Now waiting for everything to process and ship. Decision criteria: 1) It was in stock. 2) The price was under $1200. 3) Not all the features I was looking for but a decent feature set to get started with on a rifle that is available. 4) Decent reviews. I was also looking at the Colt CRE (budget was $1350 and they were the only rifles in feature and price range I could find in stock) but I did not like the handguard on the Colt and STI has been a much better supporter of our sports than Colt has in recent years.

It is going to be later next year before I try any 3Gun matches but wanted to go ahead and get the rifle to start getting some time with it (and a few things worry me about continued supply). Plan is to put a MTAC on it soon and get some range time.

Anyone who has used the STI any tips, tricks, advice or things I need to change right off?