Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powderfunnel.com

JGH4445

It also makes it a whole lot easier to adjust the amount of "bell" on your case mouth. BTW, PowderFunnel does not expand the case like a normal expander does. It only bells the mouth. I have used the PowderFunnel for at least 6 years. Pistol cases are so thin that expanding the case is a waste of time. I checked with a Ransom rest and I could find no difference in accuracy between expanded and belled only cases. PowderFunnels is a GREAT accessory. :)

Edited by Waldog

If you use the powderfunnel.com expander on an LNL, do you still have to use the PTX powder measure stop gizmo on the powder measure like you do for the Hornady PTX?

I would highly recommend using the powder stop. I use one on my powderfunnel expander and it controls the bell as well as keeps the bell extremely consistent. Without it about 1/4 will not have a bell (in my experience with .40).

• 3 weeks later...

It ISN'T an expander. All it does is flare the case mouth. Not optimum if accuracy is the goal. Not good for lead or thin plated bullets (the unexpanded case can swage the bullet down).

Haven't seen any need for it in my L-N-L or other progressive with case-activated powder measure. Find the Hornady and Dillon PTX/powderfunnels work great and expand the case properly.