Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pulled the Trigger

Got Juice?

Well its not that complicated it's like a glock shooter switching to a 1911 despite knowing that a 1911 might take a little more tuning to get it to run right. Or on the other end a 1911 shooter switching to a glock hey he might not like the grip angle or the weight but loves the fact that he can pull the trigger and pretty much count on it shooting. There is no such thing as a perfect gun, you find a gun that you can get comfortable with and learn to love. I say shoot it and in time you'll pick up another gun and be saying you don't like the balance of it but love how your STI feels.

Couldn't have said it any better. (although I did make the attempt )

Hopefully the addition of the CAPE SSmagwell will help and the W guide rod.

Gun should arrive friday for load development/chrono work.

I am thinking of ordering the AFTEC extractor as well.

I am a firm believer in Aftec extractors, a must have if you want reliability , a traditional extractor will screw you eventually.

Thanks Ronnie, I heard good things about the aftec, being a 1911 virgin (lol) it's a whole new ballgame.

I don't mind spending a few dollars here and there as long as the end result is better reliability.

• 3 months later...

Problem being up here in Canada.....we rarely get a chance to see let alone try a huge swath of guns and gear.

It took me quite a while to put my STI gun together with my smith.

I'll attach a pic.

post-24914-0-64607300-1348711967_thumb.j

It took me the better part of 2 months to put together my SVI Gun Builder for the gun that I just dropped the hammer on.

As for the original purpose and quandry of this thread......my recomendation is get the new STI and get to know your smith :devil: :devil:

Edited by Carmine

What kind of ammo are you shooting? Is your reloading the problem (with over charged loads getting by)? One failure would be acceptable but two?

No, reloading is not the issue. My STI has sent more downrange as of this weekend than my last 'failed' gun did.

I had my STI put together by Omega Customs up here in Ontario.

People ask me is that an STI..... I tell them that it left the factory as an STI Eagle...but there's allmost no

STI parts left in the gun. :devil: :devil:

Again as to the start of the tread....Shoot your new gun and get to know your smith. B)