Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Microjust Seating Stem

I have been reloading now for 2 months.

Reloaded and tested over 4000 rounds so far of all my calibers. Loading Lead and Jacketed bullets with great success - thanks to all the input from this Forum.

Using my new Hornady LNL AP press. I have full compliment of Dies and Accessories to reload 9mm, 40s&w, 45ACP and 223. I use the Hornady Microjust Seating Stem for my 223 reloading and it helps very much. I orderred a new Microjust Seating stem for the other calibers I reload. Reloading 40 s&w and was seeting fine with default Seating screw and contoured anvil. INstalled the Microjust Seating Stem on my Taper Crimp 40 s$w die and I can not adjust down enough to even get a reasaonable change in the bullet seating depth. I have adjusted the Die depth in press, adjusted the crimp on the case, but still no affect on overall bullet seating depth with Microjust Stem. Kind-of defeats the purpose of micro-adjustments when changes/adjustments are made with this stem.

The Microjust Stem works great on my 223 dies....

Anyone have any ideas?

What am I doing wrong?

Does this Mcrojust Seating Stem not work with New Dimension 40 s&w Taper Crimp/Seating Dies?

Thanks