Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forward Set Sear Kit/Trigger

jwfuhrman

Ok I lied. It resets when dryfire racking, but when shooting it will not reset. The slide is traveling far enough to chamber the next round, but the trigger will not reset. I have to pull the slide back about 1/2 an inch in order to reset the trigger then I can fire, then repeat all over again.

Jon, is the loop on the trigger bar opened up enough to to push the sear up? I had this problem on mine when I installed the FSS. You just have to use something no marring to open the loop a bit. Also check that the trigger bar isn't coming off the sear. Had this happen at a match, some gunk from lead bullets got in there & the bar was over to the side of the frame pushing on nothing. Good luck.

The 3 critical things I found were:

* How much you opened the loop - adjust it by sticking a screwdriver in it and twisting but only about .005" at a time. Measure with a feeler gauge.

* Position of the loop under the sear - I think used an adjustable wrench to change the angle of the bend on the trigger bar closest to the loop

* Test after adjusting with coil pin installed - makes a difference.

But I don't understand what you are saying dry fire vs. live fire. Operation should be the same.

For future reference, in case someone searches this thread out for info in the future--

I'm guessing you had insufficient over travel after the sear released the striker, preventing it from catching while cycling at live fire speeds. You must have been right on the borderline if you couldn't replicate it with an empty gun.

For those interested, Randy talks about this specifically (and how to solve it) in the FSS Install video that APEX has up on YouTube. Even if you don't have that specific kit, it's worth a watch to learn something about the pistol.

Glad you got it sorted out, OP.