Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

r o mistake

parashooter38

I'm one of those RO's who has been left downrange while the shooter had scooted up range to go shoot the rest the stage. My belt/mag pouches had gotten hooked on the door of the car that was being used as a prop for a stage. When I tried to run after the shooter as he was going for his next shooting position, I found myself immobile. I was speechless for about 2 seconds. I finally got "Stop" to come out of my mouth. And then laughing, I disengaged myself from the door. The shooter didn't even see me get stuck because the last set of targets was on the side berm away from the car. I offered a reshoot. I'm also thankful for the peanut gallery that also started yelling "Stop" at about the time I was when they realized that I was stuck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of those RO's who has been left downrange while the shooter had scooted up range to go shoot the rest the stage. My belt/mag pouches had gotten hooked on the door of the car that was being used as a prop for a stage. When I tried to run after the shooter as he was going for his next shooting position, I found myself immobile. I was speechless for about 2 seconds. I finally got "Stop" to come out of my mouth. And then laughing, I disengaged myself from the door. The shooter didn't even see me get stuck because the last set of targets was on the side berm away from the car. I offered a reshoot. I'm also thankful for the peanut gallery that also started yelling "Stop" at about the time I was when they realized that I was stuck.

That shit isn't any fun, I haven't got left downrange, but have had a shooter slow up on seeing I was going to get overrun. I clearly interfered with his run and before calling out the time or scoring offered him a reshoot and a thank you for not running me down of leaving me downrange.

JT