Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My IPSC Jersey Makes Me Shoot Better

Chip_E

I'm still relatively new to this. Shot production last year, and started shooting open division in March 2012. I think I did OK on this stage, but I know that I paused at the first array, and could've picked up some time some other places, but I wanted to find out what you guys think I should work on to become a faster and more accurate shooter...and if anybody says lay off the steaks....

Thanks for any constructive feedback.

When you move, bend your knees more. You are bouncing up an down a lot. If you lower your stance a little and bend knees more you could move more aggressive. It looks like you could of moved more to the left side of barricade but hard to tell. It also looks like you are tracking the dot from target to target instead of snapping your eyes after second shot. Another thing I noticed is every target seemed to be shot with the same cadence not that you should shot by cadence but I would have hammered those close targets. Your pausing too much from target to target, I don't know if you are looking for your hits but it's faster to call your shots and move on.

When you move, bend your knees more. You are bouncing up an down a lot. If you lower your stance a little and bend knees more you could move more aggressive. It looks like you could of moved more to the left side of barricade but hard to tell. It also looks like you are tracking the dot from target to target instead of snapping your eyes after second shot. Another thing I noticed is every target seemed to be shot with the same cadence not that you should shot by cadence but I would have hammered those close targets. Your pausing too much from target to target, I don't know if you are looking for your hits but it's faster to call your shots and move on.

Thanks. I get the bending the knees part, and walking on the balls of your foot...I just gotta do it more. Here's where I'm confused.....I'd been (or thought I was) snapping my head and bringing the gun to the target after my eyes were there, but I was told that I was spending too much time setting up, and needed to drive the gun from target to target. HELP....I'm not getting it.

As for cadence, I was really trying to go faster on the closer targets, but making more controlled pairs on the longer shots, or the ones with no-shoots.

Appreciate the feedback.