Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issue with Nordic charging handle

empire12369

So I am on my second Nordic Charging handle for my FN SLP which seems to not want to stay in the gun during recoil. The first one I had would fall out of the gun if I turned it on its side. Returned it to Midway and ordered another one. This one was so tight I had to tap it in with a rubber mallet. After about 15 slugs and 15 birdshot I go to rack the gun and to my surprise there is no handle to grab. Curious if anyone has had this issue?

So I am on my second Nordic Charging handle for my FN SLP which seems to not want to stay in the gun during recoil. The first one I had would fall out of the gun if I turned it on its side. Returned it to Midway and ordered another one. This one was so tight I had to tap it in with a rubber mallet. After about 15 slugs and 15 birdshot I go to rack the gun and to my surprise there is no handle to grab. Curious if anyone has had this issue?

Check this thread. Solved my problem by inserting a stronger second spring that holds the detent.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=154785&st=0&p=1733045&hl=handle&fromsearch=1entry1733045