Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area - 3

hopalong

First of all, it was great to meet Jerry Miculek, Cliff Walsh, Richard Timberlake and Bob Woolsey(spelling?) I got to shoot with all the above but Bob. (Area - 3 revolver winner)

As you all guessed Jerry did another good job of demonstrating why he is the best in the world with one of these wheel guns. :rolleyes:

Cliff Walsh, last years points series Champion showed why he was just that as he chased Jerry all day but could not reel him in. :wacko: Cliff ended up second with a 78% :) and some fellow I know with a limp and no hair ended up 3rd with a 69% (only 9% between Cliff and I, that cuts 2 % off from last time we shot the same match) :)

I did not get to see much more of the results as the crowd around the lists was quite large and I was not very close.

The first thing I saw was stage management is the key to success, I have not shot any USPSA with any other revolver shooters at all until this match and have not read some of the stages correctly in the past. Thanks goes to Jerry and Cliff and Richard Timberlake for their help and advice. ;)

The next thing I saw was just the same thing I learned while shooting Limited,....

Shoot 1 shot at steel otherwise you are just wasting time..... ;)

The next thing I saw is as we all keep hearing here on BE.com is not to rush yourself, and run only as fast as the front sight will let you.... I KNOW this but sometimes as my dear mother says "you're hard headed" :blink:

I did not get to shoot the "shootin iron" as I have been working with the 610 since that fatefull day I blew it up but the "other shootin iron" ran flawlessly, sometimes the driver lost traction though. :lol:

I now know what I need to work on, and will see how well that does in 4 weeks at the TN section where Cliff, Richard, and I will rub elbows once again. (looking forward to shooting with them again)

The match was a very techical match and very challenging as one stage did not lead to another and you could not get rolling, you had to start all over again on each stage.

Thats the most things that stick in my head right now but it is a tired head (and the rest of me too)

Congrats to all, and see you at TN section in 4 weeks

SAM KEEN / Hopalong

Glad to hear some other people know about Cliff Walsh. I get to watch him shoot every Tue. night at our local IPSC practice match. He makes us all curse and make comments about his questionable parentage. He regularly beats everybody, even the better semi-auto hotshots. He makes shooting the revolver seem easy, and has even inspired me to drag out my 625 and try my hand at it. I need a LOT more practice to even become semi-competent! Guys like Cliff are really inspiring, and make me realize it's the shooter, not the gun. Hope he doesn't read this, I'd never live it down.

Larry