Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading last shell in AP 4x4 carrier

I just received two of the AP Custom 4x4 shell carriers from Nordic Components. They look great and are very well built, but I'm worried about bending the holding spring when loading the fourth round. The instructions say to roll it past the spring but even half way in it bent the retention spring. What am I doing wrong? I don't want to force it and break new gear before I even get to use it. Anyone with experience or a video showing the loading?

Insert the crimped end of the shell under the spring on one side. Then ease the other end toward the tip of the spring on the other side. Once it comes into contact with the spring, roll the shell away from the spring tip (toward front of carrier for back stack; back of carrier for outside stack) until it slips under the spring tip. This is a really tricky thing to put into words, but becomes second nature after you have done it a few dozen (or hundred) times. When Im in a hurry, I still often find myself using my other hand to gently lift the spring tips to get the 4th shell in without doing any damage.