Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDS Trigger Problem

crabby

I have purchased 3 XDS pistols. Two are for my personal carry ... and I had hoped to eventually give the third to my son. The first two have been awesome, flawless, 100% reliable! Not so for #3. Right out of the box, first time at the range, failure to fire and trigger will not reset without racking the slide.

Is this a deal breaker for me? Absolutely not! New models will have issues ... such is life. But the first two have passed every test possible!!! So #3 goes back to SA for repair. I am sure they are getting the bugs out.

This is merely FYI. But I hope that in no way will this prevent anyone from buying what I believe is the ultimate CCW pistol!

Hi Crabby: Glad your sticking with the XDm. I have owned 3 XDm 5.25,s and one 4.5. Never had the first trigger problem and 2 were stock I currently shoot the 5.25's in USPSA Production and IDPA ESP. Very few problems and basically none I can blame on the guns :-)I do not like their repair policies since just about anything requires I ship the gun to the repair shop. Wish they sold more parts :-)Great performing guns and very accurate.

Edited by GlockOp

Slide must be racked to reset the trigger on any XDS. Check out XD Talk for failure to fire info. Mine has been pretty good, two malfunctions out of 200 rounds. One light strike and one jam on the feed ramp. Our IDPA state championship had one for a stage gun and it was flawless with over 100 shooters with 5 rounds each.

Edited by Marv Z

To be clear, I am an XDm fan 100% I own 5 of them ... everything from 3.8 models to 5.25 competition models. LOVE THEM ALL! And I competed in Production with the original XD. However, according to Rich ... the XDS trigger is more Glock-like than like the XDm trigger. The XDS that failed was definitely not shooter error. I even took it to the gunsmith at the range. But as I stated, 2 out of 3 work great! One has to expect some snags when a new gun first starts production. That is why I fire a minimum of 100 rounds of whatever ammo I will carry for defense (in my CCW pistols) and at least 200 rounds total ... before I will actually trust my life to a pistol. The 2 flawless XDS pistols are 100% reliable ... with every type of ammo! I even tried shooting "limp wrist" and doing anything that might possibly caused a failure ... but they both just kept on firing.

Really, more than anything else, I just wanted everyone know the XDS is awesome ... and IF they hear of problems, I don't want anyone to be turned off from buying an XDS. I have carried about everything and this gun is my all time favorite! 20 ounces, flat as a pancake, 45 acp, 7 round mags for back up, not much bigger than my Kahr PM-9, 100% reliable, surprisingly controllable for a small 45, etc.