Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Syrac clamp on+ Troy trx extreme+ dremel- will it fit?

I took a chance to see if the Syrac clamp on gas block would fit under a 15 inch trx extreme. It doesn't. At first I thought it would, but when I assembled the alpha rail attachment - it was obvious it wouldn't. My question is, has anyone taken a Dremel tool to the bottom of this block yet?

Talk to Pat about this. He has some a pretty good amount of experience with these type issues. It mostly depends on how much of it won't fit...

I still want to see the 1-6.5 scope and I have a battery to replace the one that you so graciously loaned the other day.

The internal diameter of your handguard needs to be 1.75" or larger to fit the nice Syrac Ordnance gas block. I have a Seekins Precision MCSR rail and it works well with the Syrac.

I took a chance to see if the Syrac clamp on gas block would fit under a 15 inch trx extreme. It doesn't. At first I thought it would, but when I assembled the alpha rail attachment - it was obvious it wouldn't. My question is, has anyone taken a Dremel tool to the bottom of this block yet?

I used the dremel today....it fits! I have only taken about 1mm of metal off the bottom of the block, and smoothed down the heads of the screws so the profile is rounded. It looks like I will need to take another 1mm and will be good to go.

Talk to Pat about this. He has some a pretty good amount of experience with these type issues. It mostly depends on how much of it won't fit...

I still want to see the 1-6.5 scope and I have a battery to replace the one that you so graciously loaned the other day.

Are you shooting at heritage this weekend? I am....I will bring that bad boy.