Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Northern Sunsets

EricW

I just walked out of the shop and up to the deck and looked out across the valley to see a pretty sunset. Hmm...that's funny. The sun doesn't set in the North.

Goddamned fire season is here with a vengeance. We had big brush fire 20 miles west yesterday. Now this sucker can't be more than 5 miles away. I can clearly see the individual branches of the trees in the fire unaided. Fortunately prevailing winds are blowing it away from us.

I hate this crap. Absolutely hate it. I've already been through nearly having a house burnt down once. Now that big gubmint in it's stunning f'ing wisdom has shut down a bunch of air tankers this, it's going to be even more exciting. To cork it all off - the ahole that owns the property beneath us gated off the fire road that BLM needs to use to protect our property (and everyone elses). Guess what's getting hacked off with bolt cutter tomorrow? (Sue me you jerk.)

I hate this. It's finals week and I have to start logging and digging fire lines.

:angry:

I guess the upshot is that I have a fixed tractor to do it all with.

its nice in texas, we really dont have alot of dry weather, it rains off and on, but the humidity is high enough that water doesnt evaportate very fast...bad news is sweat doesnt evaporate either..

were lucky, but i can say that i hate wildfires, they are on my list of things that "suck"

having nearly lost my house to a drunken neighbors brush fire(he was passed out on the couch while i was bustin ass with the chainsaw helping the firefighters save the surrounding woods)

plow up all around your house, wet it down....SAVE YOUR GUNS!!!!!!!

Eric- Is the gate you are talking about for a road that is a "right of way" to other public land? If it is then he can't keep it closed off. You probably know this though since it sounds like you've been through it before. I deal with this stuff all the time at my job.

Spokane is really nice. I used to live there. I liked it.

I don't know for sure whether it's a "right of way." I found out there's alternate access through another owner's property, so it's OK. It still cheeses me off a bit.

Blessedly, got a couple days of hard rain which killed most of the fires. Now we just gotta make it through October.