Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GSG1911 Mainspring weight

ParaGunner

I keep getting light strikes with multiple brands of ammo. The stock mainspring housing has been swapped out to disable the magazine safety. I have a 23lbs mainspring in now, but haven't been able to test it. I also have a new firing pin coming from the factory. Does anyone know if dryfire will cause damage to the firing pin? The factory representative said dry fire will not cause damage but I would like some mlre knput from others with the gun.

Edited by Roy Hess

I don't dryfire it a lot, but I do it some, and haven't noticed any damage. I do get a few light hits with my 17# ms, but not many, and I do only shoot the cheapest of ammo (side note--CCI Blaser leads my barrel badly. This is the only gun I've had that problem). Actually, I figure the "light hits" are really misfires due to cheap ammo, not the gun.

If you get misfires with a 23# mainspring, I'd say something else is the problem.

I took the stock spring from my trophy match and cut 2 coils off and have had no misfires. The cci blazers have been great besides the leading issues. After 500 rnds I was amazed at the amount of lead that came out of the barrel.