Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accurate Iron magic got me to sub 4 sec loading 8

cajun0007

Finally got around to sending my M2 to Accurate Iron to have Mike work his magic. I use the load 2 method mostly and was running into some problems with the shells jamming into the front edge of the loading port as well as hitting some sharp edges inside the port.

The scope of work performed by AI was the following; smoothed out the loading port and polished some of the interal areas. Tuned the carrier latch and drilled and tapped it. Put a Arrendondo speed bar and Benelli carrier latch. Stippled the stock and forearm. Notched the rear sight. Lightened bolt.

I was expecting my M2 to load better but I was pleasanlty surprised when I loaded it for the firt time. It was so much smoother and easier than before which also translates to faster.

I pulled out the timer last night to see how much faster it was and was able to hit several sub 4 sec loading 8 shells. Previously my best time was right at 4.25 seconds. Below is a video of one of the runs.

Thanks for your excellant work Mike and quick turnaround time.

Regards,

James

Damn and I felt good at getting down to 6 seconds for my load two with the weak hand. Very good reload!

Thanks Pat. Keep practicing and you will be sub 5 or 4 in no time.

• 3 weeks later...