Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

recoil magazine

Just picked up my third issue of recoil today, im still really happy with this magazine. the kydex diy was informative and useful. Ive done kydex before but the article helped explain a couple things i was running into. i used their diy for dying polymer items last month and they came out nice! what does everyone else think of this magazine?

Edited by nick romero

Recoil is available in the newsstand/AppStore. However there are some reviews that make me a little nervous on buying the subscription.

For now I am going to to buy the 4$ issue with the stippling discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this mag alot! It's not just about the guns, but about the whole tactical/being prepared lifestyle that many of us on this forum enjoy. They cover everything from parts to make our guns better, vehicles, survival tips, knives, interesting people, flashlights, clothing, and on and on. There's always something interesting and informative. The stippling article that Retread just mentioned above gave me the inspiration to fire up the soldering iron, and go to town on my Glock.

Plus, the writers, and editors are very interested in the reader's feedback as to how the mag will progress. You don't hear about that too often anymore. Good stuff!

Smitty

Edited by Smitty4313

I got one a gander mountain a while back... it was the 3 gun issue. I read it cover to cover and It was nice and glossy with cool pictures. However, there wasn't anything in the magazine that was new or exciting or informative other than the interview with Travis Haley. That was of little intrest to me though as I'm not a tactical ninja anymore. If you like cool pictures of cool guns its a good magazine, but at $8 it's to expensive for me to look at pretty pictures. Oh and the fold out zombie target was pretty silly, quit with the zombie stuff already!

I like this magazine. Seems well put together and a wide variety of topics, most interest me. Seems there no matter where you go or read they all have zombie info. I am glad they moved up from a quaterly mag too.