Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sliders

So, I'm lying on the couch, doped to the eyeballs with Vicodin (like it works? not a chance!) trying to get over a back spasm. I cruise through the cable schedule, and spot "Sliders." Hey, I haven't seen that since...well since it was on. So I tune in.

My first thought is, "Kari, you're looking a bit peckish." Then I realize it ain't her. So, sometime during the show's run they replaced Kari Whurer with Sabrina Lloyd. It happens that I'm kinda fond of short, cute brunettes, so the change is OK, but what happened? Does anyone remember how they explained the change? Or am I just so looped on Vicodin that I've got the names (and faces) wrong?

Duane?

Lloyd was the original slider. Wuhrer came in much later. I personally don't like most of the Wuhrer episodes because they signal the begining of the end for the quality of the series. It really gets bad when Arturo leaves and is replaced by some more eye candy. I like eye candy as much as the next guy but she didn't have anywhere near the screen presence of John Rys Davies. Eventually all of the characters except for Rembrant are replaced and that really bites.

As many of the episodes as I have seen I have no idea what happens at the end of the series. Did they get home? Did the show just stop?

-ld

Man, lets see if I can dig down deep into the swamp I can memory....

Seems that they slide to a world that is being overrun by the CroMags, humans from a dimension where the CroMagons evolved and Homo Sapiens never took over... and they have controllable Slide technology. They pick up the new girl .. female soldier, has sometype of asthama problem due to the pollution or lack of on her Earth ... as they leave that world just as its destoryed. Artoru has died somewhere along this time frame. Reme and Wade (the little brunette) get separated from the gang and slide back to Earth Prime. The rest get back to Earth Prime about 3 months later. Bad News, the CroMags have invaded Earth Prime. They rescue Reme from a CroMag re-education center and find that Wade has been sent back to CroMag Prime as "prime breeding material"....

Now, I may have crossed a plot line or two, but I think that basically it. Its sort of like trying to remember the plot line from a season of Sanford and Son!

James