Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Importing Registration Into EZWinScore

skubasteev

I have been doing our clubs scoring for about 8 months and have some questions regarding exporting and importing the match registration.

I was doing out latest scores last night and got a little ahead of myself while entering the registrations information and I skipped someone accidentally. So I thought I should be able to export the registration to a CSV or TSV and edit in excel and then re-import it with the correct registration. However, once editing in excel and saving as the appropriate file type I was unable to import the file. I tried both CSV and TSV formats. Is there a trick to this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Steve

Well the field names are as shown below (field #2 is the uspsa#), but why not just add the guy into ezws through the normal way and go on? I will sometimes skip over someone on the registration sheet or put two in backwards (skip #36 and put in 37, catch it, grumble and put in 36 as 37), but as you're scoring a match it becomes second nature after awhile to remember the quirks in competitor numbers. (Oh yeah, there's so-and-so, he's #36.) Now what you can't do is import into an existing match with competitors already registered. I'm pretty sure it has to be no one registered for that to work.

post-2179-0-17649700-1341329454_thumb.pn

Well the field names are as shown below (field #2 is the uspsa#), but why not just add the guy into ezws through the normal way and go on? I will sometimes skip over someone on the registration sheet or put two in backwards (skip #36 and put in 37, catch it, grumble and put in 36 as 37), but as you're scoring a match it becomes second nature after awhile to remember the quirks in competitor numbers. (Oh yeah, there's so-and-so, he's #36.) Now what you can't do is import into an existing match with competitors already registered. I'm pretty sure it has to be no one registered for that to work.

post-2179-0-17649700-1341329454_thumb.pn

I do understand that I can do that but I'd like to know how to correctly import registration. Also, Why can't we delete shooters once registered or change shooter number? This would be relatively easy to change on the software and would be a usefull function.

If you have the DB that you started with, just make the correction there and import it again over writing the already installed list. However if you are entering shooters one at a time directly into EZ through the regular point and click interface, then you are basically screwed.

What we do is have our shooters register online and that information is in a properly formatted DB that we import. If I have to make changes I do it there and re-import it.

Jim