Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger 10/22 Magazine Round Bottom Plate Pull... Thingy?

jkrispies

So I was at the West Coast Steel Championships a few weeks ago and saw one of the Ruger sponsored shooters blazin' with his 10/22. On each of his magazines, he had a bottom plate that I can best describe as the sort of accessory that MagPul would make if MagPul made 10/22 accessories. It was basically just a round loop on the bottom of his magazines. I should have asked him what they were, but I figured I'd just go home and find it at Midway or Brownells. No such luck. Anybody have ideas? I'd really like to get some for my Ruger!

So I was at the West Coast Steel Championships a few weeks ago and saw one of the Ruger sponsored shooters blazin' with his 10/22. On each of his magazines, he had a bottom plate that I can best describe as the sort of accessory that Magpie would make if Magpie made 10/22 accessories. It was basically just a round loop on the bottom of his magazines. I should have asked him what they were, but I figured I'd just go home and find it at Midway or Brownells. No such luck. Anybody have ideas? I'd really like to get some for my Ruger!

I'm curious to find out what they are as well.

I'm starting to think that they were some sort of a home-made job. After looking at the California Competition Works product, which just glues into the bottom of a 10/22 magazine, I've been looking around the house for something to rig up myself. Maybe a trip to Lowe's will help me to figure something out...

I just cut a piece of pvc pipe, epoxied it in the cavity, filled it with lead shot and epoxy, and plugged the end. It gives me a small handle to pull the mag out if it doesn't drop free because of the added weight.

Nice! Pic? I just dug through some of my old pvc parts but couldn't find a 1/2" endcap. I'm thinking that if I shaved four flats onto it, I could just smack it on there and get it to hold with pressure alone? Paint it black and it's a professonial looking job. Great idea that solves the problem for about $.50, eh? :cheers:

If you use an end cap, you price gets a bit higher :)

I just took a piece of scrap wood, turned it in a small lathe, and glued it in.

I glued mine to the mags because we drop mags during reloads.

copy that on the mag drop. Right now I'm thinking that I'll try a pressure fit till I have it where I want it, then glue it in for permanent. I was going to go the wood route if I didn't find anything else, but I'm liking the idea of the endcap...

Version 2.0 "In the White". 3/4" endcap on top of a 3/4" pvc that's been ground down to fit into the magazine recess. Much more comfortable to hold and a bit weightier for a freer drop. I think this one is the winner. Total additional weight is 3/4 oz, not including any epoxy used to attach it to the mag. I'm seeing some matte black paint in its future...

post-6651-0-66245600-1341772011_thumb.jp