Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blemished .22 V-Max @ Midway

Steve D.

Nice prices on .224 V-Max bullets of various weights. Not identidied as Hornady and the 100 cnt. boxes are generic. Just got 600 in 53, 55 and 60 and was really psyched to see the little Orange polymer tips on everything! :cheers:

It looks like maybe there is some water-staining on them. I think Midway probably bought them as "pennies on the dollar" damaged inventory from a shipment or warehouse that had flooding or something similar. I can see nothing other than un-even coloration on some and most look free of the staining...

Looked for the 60 grainers, and couldn't find them. Maybe they sold out. I've had some outstanding results with the v-max flat base 60 grainers, if that is the same bullet. Thanks for letting us know.

Got some of the the 55 grainers and they weigh good and look perfect other than some minor staining as Steve D said. They are for sure the 55 grain V-max bullets. Still a little bummed they sold out of the 60 grain bullets, but these work well, too! Thanks for the heads up.

If they have an orange tip they should be nosler ballistic tips. Nosler uses a different color on all the ballistic tips, orange identifies .224 diameter and green is .308 diameter. I dont know all the different colors they use for each diameter. The v-max bullet will always have a red tip, and z-max will be a neon green tip. If they are v-max maybe they got a shipment of tips ment for nosler and just used them.

Midway always messes up the description.

^^^^

Your post got me wondering...

I checked the 53 and 55 grainers I got from midway and they are v-max bullets. You are right about the tip colors, they are red but it isn't a very deep red.

After reading your post I was kind of hoping they were noslers!

I like noslers a little better but those new 53 grain v max bullets are kick ass. They shoot like lasers and hammer the vermin. After i got my first batch of 53s it is the only v max bullet i use anymore. I like them better than the 60s.

• 4 weeks later...