Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos SC Limited

Twix:

I have three guns on order. My Custom Limited and Open Pro SX won't be here until May of next year :( so I ordered the SC Limted to keep me happy until then :D . My SC is scheduled to ship August 16th :huh: so I was just curious if anyone had one yet how they liked it. Thanks.

Twix:

I have three guns on order. My Custom Limited and Open Pro SX won't be here until May of next year :( so I ordered the SC Limted to keep me happy until then :D . My SC is scheduled to ship August 16th :huh: so I was just curious if anyone had one yet how they liked it. Thanks.

Damn!!!! three guns, you da man.

My Brazos BCG SC Limited showed up Friday, as promised. Its a hard chrome 5" Full dust cover gun, as pictured on Bob's website. As promised , here's my initial impresions:

Fit and Finish are flawless - the slide fit, barrel fit, etc. all very tight, and moves like glass. Attention to detail is awesome, has to be the prettiest pistol I've ever owned. Beautiful!

As the SC comes with a totally stock STI grip, I undercut the trigger guard for a high hold, and textured the underside of trigger guard, then stuck on a Eric W. "True Grip" wrap (I love those things, they're on all my IPSC pistols now...) - also lubed it up with Slide Glide - no other changes.

Took it to the range today (finally!) and shot about 300 rounds through it - worked flawlessly. NO hiccups. Very crisp 2.5 pound trigger. The first shot out of it went exactly to point of aim, it was already sighted in.

I concentrated on trying to get the feel of the gun, and just play with it mostly, but I decided to check a few things on a timer just for fun.

Splits for what I'd call "contolled A's" at 10 - 12 yds were about .30 - .35 with my old 6" lightweight limited gun (@35 oz.), but were around .22 - .25 with the Brazos.... on more of a Bill Drill pace, I was managing .12 - .13s pretty consistently - the Edge style nose heavy build type really helps there I think..... I really like the feel and balance, even for transitions, didn't notice much time difference there even against the lighter gun.

Lot less muzzle flip, and a very fast cycling slide (12# spring, lightening holes, etc).

Accuracy was everything you expect from a custom gun, makes one big ragged hole in slow fire from 10 - 15 yds. Didn't shoot longer distances than that yet.

Overall I'm very impressed, the gun is running great "out of the box", and on top of that it doesn't look like it was drug around on a rope behind a pickup for a mile or two like my old gun :P

BONUS: I Chronoed my 4.8 gr of N320, 180 gr MG FMJ load in the Brazos gun, to check - (I developed it for my 6", about 169 PF in that gun) - it still made major in the 5" Brazos gun, 166.5 PF. Good thing, I already had a couple thousand loaded up <_<

Coolest part of all was my wife thought it was so good looking she wanted to come shoot today for the first time with my IPSC guns; this was the first automatic she had ever shot other than a Glock 19, and her first shot at 10 yds went EXACTLY center A. I mean EXACTLY. <_< She proceeded to shoot off about 3 or 4 A shots in a row, then a C, before she handed it back to me. Maybe she will start shooting IPSC? :unsure: Hmmm, maybe not, she might show me up!

Thanks Bob, great pistol, worth every dime, if the Pro Limited is truly the Rolex of Limited guns, the SC is its near equal, and at the SC price its even better.

UPDATE: A couple weeks later, I now over 1000 rounds through it, 3 sessions with no cleaning, ran great til finally had failure to feed. Cleaned, went back to range, another 100 rounds no jams, kept on keeping on.

Ok, after reading the above post, it looks like something out Guns and Ammo, one of those "everything is perfect" articles. I'm normally pretty hard to please, very critical actually, but it really is a nice pistol. B)

No, I'm not suprised at your review after shooting and seeing a buddy's experience with his. His wife kinda fancied the Brazos too, so it's good you have other blasters B) .