Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

benelli m2 problem

i recently put on a nordic +5 extension on my benelli m2 and it has worked fine for the last 3 months until now. when i attempt to load my first shell it locks up and refuses to go in. i then am forced to rack the bolt where the bolt get locked back with the lifter up. i then pull on the bolt and it moves forward into battery. then i can load the shotgun. then after i eject all the shells to load again it again it will not load the first shell restarting the whole process. so basically every other time i attempt to load my shotty it will not work. any idea's?

Try pushing down on the bolt release to get the carrier to move up out of the way. It's hard to diagnose these things without having the gun in the hand. You rack it, drop the bolt, and the lifter or plate carrier as Benelli calls it will not move up to load your tube?

i have cleaned and lubed it but not changed the spring. and after the first shell failed to go into the tube the only way i can get it out is to pull the bolt back and then the shell lifter gets jammed in the up position and the bolt is stuck to the rear.

Edited by countryboy223

I have seen m2's act that way when the bolt is not fully into battery. If the bolt is not fully into battery and the bolt carrier all the way forward the gun will not load properly. This is typically a symptom of another problem, hopefully one of the M2 brain trust members will come up with more and better info.

:cheers: