Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When you Ohio shooters get tired of C class...

You come see me. :)

Seriously, the dry fire fire sessions have been going great, and I want to brag a little.

My last student went from a 1.3 draw at 7 yards to a .8 in about 15 minutes... Out of the paddle holster that comes with the XDM.

At 10 yards, we got down to .9

Turn and draw? Cut it in half, from 2 seconds to 1.

So drop me a line and let's get serious!

Steve,

I've have thought about doing this with a you a few times and I think my dad and I might be interested sometime in the near future. I have had my eyes on making it through B class and I have been way to busy for shooting the past 2-3 weeks. I need to make up for lost time!

What times do these sessions usually take place and what is the cost?

Thanks,

Derek

My place, evenings and weekends, $75. (My place is 10 minutes south of Columbus, Ohio)

Minimum 2 hrs. Maximum 2 shooters at a time.

I will diagnose weaknesses in your technique, then help you learn how to practice.

You will learn the techniques I used to make GM in less than a year in Open.

Edited by Steve Anderson

I have decided to shoot production most of this year and I was not content with being a C class shooter. I decided it was time to seek professional help, for shooting anyways, to learn the tools to work on getting out of C class, ultimately working my way up to at least M class.

Steve's dry fire program helps when you put the time in as well. I went through one session and noticed an immediate improvement in just a week of practice. I went from shooting mid 50% and being ok with that to shooting high 60%, enjoying it, but immediately recognizing the mistakes I made that kept me out of high 70% to low 80%.

These matches have some pretty good shooters in them with a Few GM/M shooters in production. There are also 25-30 shooters in production at each match so there is no default to the top.

Thanks Steve!

Saturday's Open student got down to a .7 draw (from a start of 1.3) at 5 yards and .8 at 10 in 30 minutes.

He shook his head in disbelief the whole time! :)

We coulda got his turn and draw down to .8 but we decided .9 was good enough for one day.

We also fixed his problem of losing the dot... that took about 15 minutes of index work.

And we learned that I need a new metronome to teach transitions...

Keep working on relaxing those elbows and fix that pause in the reload.

It also marked the first time I have ever told a man he had a good snatch. (you had to be there)

Edited by Steve Anderson

Saturday's Open student got down to a .7 draw (from a start of 1.3) at 5 yards and .8 at 10 in 30 minutes.

He shook his head in disbelief the whole time! :)

We coulda got his turn and draw down to .8 but we decided .9 was good enough for one day.

We also fixed his problem of losing the dot... that took about 15 minutes of index work.

And we learned that I need a new metronome to teach transitions...

Keep working on relaxing those elbows and fix that pause in the reload.

It also marked the first time I have ever told a man he had a good snatch. (you had to be there)

I'm still shaking my head, couldn't believe my new par times are down to after yesterday's session. I'm still laughing at the good snatch remark, & guys it has to do with snatching the gun from the surrender position so no one gets the wrong idea. Thanks again Steve & I'll see you in Zanesville on August 18th.