Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nook Simple Touch

Mark R

In Settings Screen press on Screen, then Screensaver and then select "Shooting". You can add more PNG files later to the shooting folder and the Nook will cycle through them.

This seems to work well enough when the Nook is asleep, but if you power off then power on, when it comes back up, it's on the authors. Is there something else that has to be set?

As an alternative, anyone try deleting the authors files and putting the custom png in there?

Graham, I power mine off and on all the time and my custom screen savers work all the time. You might re-read and retry the process and make sure you got everything in the correct place. Make sure you have it set to use "Shooting" folder if you named the PNG folder as "Shooting".

Graham, I power mine off and on all the time and my custom screen savers work all the time. You might re-read and retry the process and make sure you got everything in the correct place. Make sure you have it set to use "Shooting" folder if you named the PNG folder as "Shooting".

I've checked this three times. Besides, if it weren't set up this way, the screensaver wouldn't come up at all.

That happens to me too, regardless of whether's it's Chris Wren's rooting procedure or Nookmanager. When I'm booting the device up from power-down, I don't care what he presents for a screensaver. I'm going directly into practiscore anyway to sync in the match I'm getting ready to score. Subsequently he'll reliably display the custom graphic I've installed, but first time up? Nope, and I don't care. I would also recommend against screwing around manually with any of the already existing files or file structures in the nook. We've jabbed the poor things in the side with a fork enough already with the rooting process and I just suspect they won't take a lot of additional programmatic abuse. :)

When it first boots, it shows the authors, but after sitting for a few minutes it displays the custom graphic. Probably something to do with the boot sequence.

If I had the inclination to putzt around with this some more, I would use the Android tools to remove all the author images and just put the custom one in the authors folder.

• 2 months later...

I made a custom Screen saver with press n unlock so you press n then it goes to the drag to unlock screen is there a way to turn off the second unlock screen? I did not root these another guy did and im not sure what he used if that makes a diffrence.

That sounds normal to me. I think mine do the same thing and I use the graphical nookmanager root for mine. When you press 'n', you're waking the box up from hibernate, but the screen saver slide still has to be operated. (Else the average e-reader user would be butt-activating his nook!) I'll go look at one of mine in a bit, but I recall the same thing as you're experiencing.

• 2 months later...