Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic +4 tube for M2

sendit223

I had a Nordic +3 tube (6.3 inches between the threads). That gave me 7+1 capacity. I wanted 8+1 capacity, so naturally I got a +4 tube (8 inches between the threads). The thing is they hold the same number of shells. The +4 tube appears to be 1/3 of a shotgun shell too short.

Is this just a case where I need to trim the spring down? That doesn't make sense, but I can't think of anything else I could be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Edited by sendit223

Did you trim the stock Nordic spring yet? Usually you cut it about 12 inches past the end of the tube. I am pretty sure I got the +5 for my M2 to get 8, that is with spring being cut correctly. I will check mine again to be sure. Also, Nordic sells extensions that screw onto the end of their tubes to give them a little more length, 3/4 and 1.5 inches.

Did you trim the stock Nordic spring yet? Usually you cut it about 12 inches past the end of the tube. I am pretty sure I got the +5 for my M2 to get 8, that is with spring being cut correctly. I will check mine again to be sure. Also, Nordic sells extensions that screw onto the end of their tubes to give them a little more length, 3/4 and 1.5 inches.

I did trim the spring the first time around for use with the +3 tube. Instructions say leave 10-14 inches. I left about 13 and everything worked fine. With the longer tube I cut it down to 10 inches, removing about an inch of spring.

When you do the math 8-6.3 = 1.7 inches it looks like this was bound to happen (because I'm about an inch short). But why would Nordic indicate the 8 inch tube is +4???

3 inch shells?

Nope. Standard 2 3/4 inch shells. In fact the exact same 7 shells I load into the +3 tube.

The only thing I can think to do is cut the spring down until they all load. Then test for function. If that works I'm done. If that doesn't work I can buy a new spring (and be ticked at Nordic).

3 inch shells?

Nope. Standard 2 3/4 inch shells. In fact the exact same 7 shells I load into the +3 tube.

The only thing I can think to do is cut the spring down until they all load. Then test for function. If that works I'm done. If that doesn't work I can buy a new spring (and be ticked at Nordic).

I wouldn't be ticked at Nordic. Benelli advertises that their M2 Field shotguns hold 3+1. If you got a Nordic +4, that would make sense. I don't know how the +3 held the same but either way, I wouldn't be upset with them. That is one great thing about this forum, if you would ask here before you buy something that you are not sure about, there is a wealth of knowledge and great advice that is sure to help.

I checked and yes, I have a +5 on my M1 that holds 8 and a +6 on my M2 that holds 9, both with the spring cut right at 12" past the tube.

3 inch shells?

I wouldn't be ticked at Nordic. Benelli advertises that their M2 Field shotguns hold 3+1. If you got a Nordic +4, that would make sense. I don't know how the +3 held the same but either way, I wouldn't be upset with them. That is one great thing about this forum, if you would ask here before you buy something that you are not sure about, there is a wealth of knowledge and great advice that is sure to help.

I checked and yes, I have a +5 on my M1 that holds 8 and a +6 on my M2 that holds 9, both with the spring cut right at 12" past the tube.

You are right. I should not jump to the conclusion that I should be ticked at them. I buy them because they are high quality products. I guess when I pointed the finger at them there were 4 more fingers pointing back at me!

Thanks for the help.

3 inch shells?

You are right. I should not jump to the conclusion that I should be ticked at them. I buy them because they are high quality products. I guess when I pointed the finger at them there were 4 more fingers pointing back at me!

Thanks for the help.

Give them a call, bet they would work something out with you, maybe try the next largest size as an exchange. It would be worth a try. Good luck man.

edit: I would be careful cutting the spring down, I would bet you'd get a malfunction before you'd get an extra shell in there. They tend to wear out anyways even when cut properly to begin with.

Edited by Kyle O

Kyle you were right. I called and got a response back. Ryan at NC told me it was just an accident I could load 7+1 with that +3 tube. He told me to load 8+1 I need a +5. He also offered to exchange tubes with me. He also told me just what you did -- that I'd probably have trouble if I cut the spring down as a solution.

That's pretty good CS and since I was whining about them I figured I had better set the record straight.

Thanks to all for the input.

Sendit