Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rookie question for first steel challenge

I'm shooting my first steel challenge tomorrow. Are there any restrictions on number of rounds loaded into a magazine? I'm shooitng an XDm, my production gun for USPSA.

Edited by Shadow1

Thanks Guys,

I've been doing a ton of practicing but when I was watching videos on youtube, I noticed that everybody is changing magazines after each shoot. I though it was king of wierd with only 5 +- each run.

At most club level matches there are only 2 divisions ; Open and Iron sights. Neither has a limit on the number of rounds in the magazine.

If the match has a USPSA Production division that dictates the holster being used & gun mods, I'd say you need to conform to the 10 rd rule too.

Thanks Guys,

I've been doing a ton of practicing but when I was watching videos on youtube, I noticed that everybody is changing magazines after each shoot. I though it was king of wierd with only 5 +- each run.

Most do that so the gun feels the same on the draw every time.

Thanks Guys,

Most do that so the gun feels the same on the draw every time.

Right on Warpspeed, makes sense. :cheers: