Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1050 priming fixed!...Finally

I have had a ton of trouble with a small primer 1050 loading 9mm and 38 super (My large primer 45 acp machine runs fine). I would get 5-10 sideways, crushed or missing primers per hundred. Been through every trick in every thread in this forum. Decided to try the theory of the new primer slide when I takled to Dillon. The guy on the phone didn't know about it, but put me on hold and went and checked, and sure enough, there is a new one. He even sent it for free. I haven't mwasuerd it carefully, but the obvious difference is the chamfer in the primer hole is much less than the original one. Loaded 500 hundred rounds yesterday with only one tilted primer. Yeah!!

I have called them 4 times after reading here that there is a new primer slide. Every time they say nope we have not changed anything on the primers of the 1050.

Do you have a part number off your invoice? I have always had primer issues and this sounds like the fix.

• 2 weeks later...

YES please - the Part Number!!

I have called them 4 times after reading here that there is a new primer slide. Every time they say nope we have not changed anything on the primers of the 1050.

Do you have a part number off your invoice? I have always had primer issues and this sounds like the fix.