Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Legal modification?

hopalong

Is the trigger stop mentioned in the revolver forum legal for IDPA?

For those who have not seen it it is basically a roll pin drilled and driven into the back of the trigger, thus removing the pin inside the spring on the trigger return.

My 610 had a small "pinch" feeling in it today only once but I think it could have been the pin.

As the rules say action work is permissible as long as it stays safe.

My thinking is this would be legal as it is action work and we are working on reliability.

Any body else?

SAM

I would second the "falls under action work " umbrella. Many revo gunsmiths include the installation of a trigger stop in a full blown action job.

It does not meet the definition of external modifications as explained in the FAQ.

Double check wit IDPA to be certain.

CAN I POLISH THE TRIGGER FACE ON MY REVOLVER? Yes, we consider this part of the action work. “No external modifications” refers, primarily, to heavy barrels and other modifications that would change the appearance of the revolver and give a competitive advantage.

I'm not taking mine out if it isn't legal , that's for sure . :)

:angry::angry::angry: I called IDPA headquarters and inquired about external trigger stop on revolver...Dru says it IS NOT LEGAL.

:o Now to shoot in nationals i will have to grind mine off, or use a different revolver. At least before i went thru a DQ, after reading other posts I called and found out... :blink:

(rant mode)

Just because i dont own a PC revolver i cant have a external trigger stop...this just isnt right.. :angry: I will abide by there rules I just dont like this ruling...

(rant mode off) I guesess this will be a good excuse to try out my 646 and try to learn it now :P