Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Outlaw Multigun match in central Ohio

There is a new range that just opened up to having multigun matches of sorts in Jelloway, OH. The place was started for training military, law enforcement, CCW classes, etc., but they've decided to have a multigun match on the first Saturday of every month. Their web site is http://www.pmsecurityservicestwtg.com/index.html . The multigun stuff is under the combat action shooting button. It is basically run what you brung as of right now, but they run it like a tactical match where you must utilize cover while shooting. They have 4 good bays built currently, but sounds like more stuff could be in the future. The longest rifle shots will be 100 yards. Match fee is $25 or they will let you just shoot a pistol, or rifle for $10 per gun. For ammo I'd bring at least 100 rounds for the rifle and pistol, 50 rounds of shot, and 10 slugs.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this match conflicts with a couple of others, they have decided to move it to the second Saturday of July. That makes next month's match on July 14. They also let a few of us shoot things the way we are use to doing it as far as engaging targets from where ever they are available, not worrying about dropping mags, etc. We'll likely split up into squads of "sport" and "tactical" shooters next month.

So how was the match. I'm going to try to make it in July.

It's a good place to burn up some ammo IMO. They have a little work to go preparing for some of us gamers, but it's still fun. Last I heard, some of the PCSI multigun crew is coming up, so maybe a few of you could share rides. I'm hoping it catches on a little more so they will continue having the matches.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Are they going to post the scores this year?

I don't know. Jeff asked me about a way to do it, but I'm not sure what would work best for them. Since it's just time, a spreadsheet would probably be the simplest, but I don't know if they could post it to their website or just email the scores out. I'll know more this weekend.