Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in trigger that doesn't affect reliability?

I have an XDM 9, and the trigger is alright but it is long, heavier than I'd like, and the reset is long as well.

I want to make the trigger better, but I don't want to use lighter springs and end up with light strikes, this is my home defense gun.

Is there a drop in trigger that will make the trigger better without sacrificing reliability by lightening the striker spring?

Thanks

You don't need to use a lighter firing pin spring to get the pull weight in the 2# range. The only time I use a lighter FPS is when someone wants the lightest pull weight and they use Federal primers all of the time.

Rich

These triggers are very workable. I have a 2lb 14oz trigger pull weight using the factory striker spring and Im not even using the competition triger spring. I still suggest you have one of the big 3 gunsmiths (Daniel @ PRP / Scott @ Springer / Rich @ Canyon Creek) do the job for you for the best results. Im partial to the PRP set up myself but Im biased. I have the same parts in 4 XDm's and have made the pull weights vary from 2 lb to 5lb depending on the application.

These triggers are very workable. I have a 2lb 14oz trigger pull weight using the factory striker spring and Im not even using the competition triger spring. I still suggest you have one of the big 3 gunsmiths (Daniel @ PRP / Scott @ Springer / Rich @ Canyon Creek) do the job for you for the best results. Im partial to the PRP set up myself but Im biased. I have the same parts in 4 XDm's and have made the pull weights vary from 2 lb to 5lb depending on the application.

I thought about sending it out, but half the fun for me is doing the work myself.

I'll try the PRP kit without using the lighter spring