Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger finger transition from Slide to Trigger?

I have isolated a problem....I have noticed I am doing this on Rifle as well as Pistol.

If I move to the Trigger during my draw I don't notice this (because I can't see it).

i have figured a few things out and could use some input...and maybe this will help

someone else.

My Trigger Pull is pretty clean.

But if I get sight picture with my Finger outside of the Guard, my Sights move quite a bit when I move my finger to the trigger and pull.

One issue is that I tend to Steer with my finger (I have learned to Float my thumbs but apparently not my trigger finger).

Another is bumping the Trigger Guard on the way down.

The other is that I was placing my Trigger finger too high on the trigger and causing a push to the left

I am concentrating on floating my trigger finger off of the Slide

(that is a good idea right??)

And I am doing a few thousand reps while focusing on ONLY moving my Trigger finger while keeping my Grip stable.

tips/Insights much appreciated.

Thanks,

John

That might work but you'll be slow.

I started to grab a gun to see what you are talking about and then realized theres no point. The reason I had to try to find out what you are talking about is because I never see it. When the gun is in the ready position, high or low, the finger is anchored on the frame, as the pistol is pushed out to target the finger goes in the trigger guard (but maybe not on the trigger yet) in the exact same way it does on the draw. You don't see it on the draw as you noted and you shouldn't see it when pushing out from the ready. There is no point or time during a CoF where you would go fully to sights on a target with your finger anywhere but on the trigger. If you are mounting and sighting the gun...and THEN putting your finger on the trigger you are losing time.

You are going to do a thousand reps of something that is a waste of time. Better to work on your presentation of gun from the ready to target and getting your finger in the guard before it gets fully there.

What DOES matter is what the sights do as you're breaking the shot. What does NOT matter is what the sights do as you're getting your finger to the trigger.

-rvb