Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mossberg SA-20 Tactical ?

I want to get into 3 gun competition. BUT I have retinal detachment issues on both eyes so a high powered rifle or 12 gauge shotgun are OUT! My plan is to find a semi-auto 20 gauge shotgun. I haven't been able to put my hands on one, but I'd like to hold a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical in my hands and shoot it a little first before spending any money on it. The main thing is that the SA-20 is well within my budget. If any of you have a better idea for a 20 gauge shotgun, please feel free to voice your opinion!

I want to get into 3 gun competition. BUT I have retinal detachment issues on both eyes so a high powered rifle or 12 gauge shotgun are OUT! My plan is to find a semi-auto 20 gauge shotgun. I haven't been able to put my hands on one, but I'd like to hold a Mossberg SA-20 Tactical in my hands and shoot it a little first before spending any money on it. The main thing is that the SA-20 is well within my budget. If any of you have a better idea for a 20 gauge shotgun, please feel free to voice your opinion!

I have a buddy that shoots a 20ga Franchi and does pretty well. The biggest thing about shotgun is how fast can you load it, and will it cycle light loads. An alternative might be to get an 1100 in 12 ga and take up shotshell loading. Shooting them back to back, my 1100 shoots just as soft as his 20ga franchi when I use light handloads or light AA's...