Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier scoring

sroe3

So it appears to me there are two ways to approach gaining percentage points with classifiers. Do you just shoot your own game or do you hose, trying for the highest possible hit factor, and getting the score tossed (5% below current class rule) if you blow it? Yesterday I saw several of the latter for the first time, and from very experienced shooters to boot.

You can do it either way. I guess it depends on the shooter and how he/she is feeling that day.

Typically the best best to shoot your own game and let the cards fall where they may. But at the same time, if you don't push the envelope any you will never know just how far you can go. Many people have some weird mental things about classifiers. Some people feel the need to try and shoot above their level, some try and shoot without risking anything.

I have been hung up on classifiers before, err lots of times. Historically I have been the type to try and knock it out of the park every time. This usually ends up in a disaster for me. The result is me sitting on the edge of C/B at 56% classification wise in limited. But in matches I typically shoot at a mid-high B level. Sometimes I crash and burn other times I do really well. The times I shoot a good match are the times when I just focus on the shooting and don't worry about class, who shot stage x in a NY minute etc..

Prior to getting with my coach a couple months ago: I would see huge swings of inconsistency and I do mean HUGE. Now I am starting to reign things in by shooting within my current ability, this is opening up many doors which have previously been closed to me.