Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

147gr LRN and 231 or bullseye

mmosur

Funny you should ask! I was having a problem with about 1 out of every 10 or 15 rounds not going into battery. My OAL on those rounds was 1.135 or longer. I dropped them to 1.125 and the problem went away. My RIA will shoot anything. My Fusion has a Storm Lake bbl and it's finicky about OAL.

Funny you should ask! I was having a problem with about 1 out of every 10 or 15 rounds not going into battery. My OAL on those rounds was 1.135 or longer. I dropped them to 1.125 and the problem went away. My RIA will shoot anything. My Fusion has a Storm Lake bbl and it's finicky about OAL.

What gun are you shooting them from?

Loads with either will be easy shooters. I generally to go to a lighter spring in the 1911s, the Glock with Storm Lake runs with most anything. Some complain that BE and 231 are dirty - cleaning is never been a issue for me and with Slide Glide it is just a wipe off and a trip with a Bore Snake. You get a lot of bang for the buck with both powders. The value of trigger time is incalculable. Therefore, I recommend them.

I've had almost the same experience as Doc Hunter using my glocks with 13lb springs, Lead or Moly coated Lead and W231. Since I'm running glocks I typically load to 1.135 with round nose, shorter with flat points, and ~3.4-3.6gr does the trick.

I also apply slide glide and it's insanely easy to clean since any residue lands in the stuff and just wipes right off.

Mmo, My apologies for the late reply. I believe 17lb is the factory weight on full size 9mm Glocks.

Slide glide is great stuff. Easy to clean and apply, and smooths out slide travel quite a bit.

What gun are you shooting them from?

I'm shooting them in a Fusion 6" with a 13lb. recoil spring. My RIA is a 5" with a single port comp and a 10 or 11 lb. spring.